The International Crimes Tribunal on Sunday rejected two petitions filed by Jamaat-e-Islami leaders Delawar Hossain Sayedee and Abdul Quader Mollah seeking investigation reports on their alleged crimes against humanity during the 1971 Liberation War.
The three-judge tribunal headed by its chairman Justice Nizamul Huq passed the order after holding a hearing on the petitions.
Following the order, the prosecution does not need to supply the copies of investigation report to the defence.
The duo, now in jail, submitted the two separate petitions last week to the tribunal, which has already accepted the formal charges against them for their involvement with the crimes against humanity.
In the petitions, the duo said the investigation reports were not with the copies of the formal charges and other documents they received from the prosecution.
Without the reports, they cannot properly defend themselves and will be deprived of justice, they said.
Deposition and cross-examination of prosecution witnesses are going on against Sayedee while hearing on charge framing against Quader Mollah is scheduled for January 29.
After hearing the petitions, the tribunal, on January 15 and 19, fixed January 22 (today) to pass the orders.